- If you are looking for a cheap Apache PHP Hosting, a good hosting network, a good WordPress hosting or unlimited website hosting, Bluehost is your best choice.
- Host several websites on Bluehost for Free Hosting.
- In a Bluehost hosting account you can add more than one domain or website.
- It is perfect for single web hosting or small business hosting.
- It is very easy and intuitive to add additional domains or websites to Bluehost.
- We will show you how to add a second or more domains via their Control Panel, the cPanel, to Bluehost.
- Please be aware that, without the need for extra hosting fees, you can connect a number of websites and domains to a cheap Bluehost account and manage them all from one control panel.
How to Add Extra Domains from Third Party Registrar to Bluehost
- Suppose you have purchased a domain name elsewhere than Bluehost in the first scenario (you can buy Bluehost domains and host them with Bluehost or register them elsewhere with Bluehost when you host them).
- You have the possibility to link your primary domain to Bluehost when you first open a hosting account with Bluehost.
- You can either register a Bluehost domain or add it from a third-party registrar. Additional domains can be added as additional domains to be hosted with Bluehost.
- You have first to refer your domain name server to the name server Bluehost.
- For any domain registrar, the procedure is exactly the same.
- You can also contact your domain registrar for help if you don’t want to configure your DNS name servers by yourself.
- It can be done very easily and takes just a few minutes without any educational or technological context.
- Once your domain name servers have been changed to Bluehost, you can add the domain to their control panel in the next steps as a new add-on domain.
Step 1. Login to Bluehost hosting panel
Step 2. Click on Domains at the top, then click on Assign
- Then you will see the simple process to connect a domain to your hosting account in Bluehost.
- You can also access the cPanel, switch from the cPanel home screen to the Domains Management portion.
- An Assign Domains option is available.
Step 3. Type your domain name in the Enter Domain section.
Enter your domain name without the “www” prefix.
Step 4. Check ownership
If you have trouble verifying your ownership of the new domain to be added, you can refer to this guide for more help:
STEP 5. SELECT ADDON DOMAIN OPTION
- You can now host your new domain as an addon domain or as a Bluehost parked domain.
- If you would like your additional field to point to your Bluehost account’s main domain / website, select parked domain option.
- We will have to choose the additional domain feature because we are hosted on a multiple websites on the Bluehost webserver.
STEP 6. SET A DIRECTORY FOR THE NEW DOMAIN NAME
You may pick an existing directory or create the new domain directory on the server to store your new website pages and files. Make sure that this folder is created for the new domain or website before you intend to use an existing directory or folder for that particular domain.
STEP 7. FINALIZE ADDING ADDITIONAL DOMAIN TO YOUR BLUEHOST ACCOUNT.
To confirm and add new domain to the Bluehost control panel, click Assign this domain button. You may repeat steps above to add unlimited domains to Bluehost and host multiple websites on one account.
How to Buy and Add Extra Domains with Bluehost
You can register Bluehost domains and host them simultaneously on your hosting servers. Login your hosting control panel to register Bluehost domains, scroll down to “Domains” in the Bluehost control panel, click “Register,” follow the steps and advice that you need to complete. You will add it to your Bluehost Control Panel account once you have paid for the new domain. The measures are close. One great difference is that the name servers of the new domain need not be updated. When you register your domain, Bluehost automatically applies its name servers.
- FREE Domain Name for 1st Year
- FREE SSL Certificate Included
- 1-Click WordPress Install
- 24/7 Support
- Starting at
How do I delete my Bluehost domain?
Access the Domain Manager
Follow below steps to access the Domain Manager.
- Log into your Bluehost account.
- Click the Domains link menu at the top.
Unassigned the Domain
Following steps explain how to remove a domain from the Domain manager.
- In the list of domains find the domain you wish to unassigned.
- Click the link next to the domain. It will say either Addon or Parked.
- On the next page click the unassigned domain button.
The page may take some time while the server unassigned the domain. When it’s finished, you’ll be taken back to the domains page.
Remove the Domain From Your Account
It tells you how a unassigned domain can be deleted from your account. These steps apply only to domains not registered with Bluehost. This may be an expired domain or a registered domain with another company, and subsequently assigned by Bluehost to your account.
- In the list of domains choose the domain you would like to remove.
- To the right of the domain list, under the main tab, click the “Remove the domain from this list” link.